The review of books on this site, are my own opinions. I have either bought these books, borrowed these books or been given an advanced reader's copy to review. I never receive any money for my personal reviews.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Love Finds You in Victory Heights, Washington by Tricia Goyer & Ocieanna Fleiss

Love Finds You in Victory Heights, Washington is set during WWII in Washington state. The main character is Rosalie who works at the Boeing plant as a riveter on B-17's. She has lost her fiance in the war and is doing a sort of penance by staying busy at work and helping wherever she can to support the war effort. Eventually she meets a local reporter who does a story on her and makes her the local 'Rosie the Riveter" which leads to a lot of new experiences, some of which really force her into a spotlight that she doesn't want to be in.
I really enjoyed reading this story. Historical romances are always fun to read and sometimes we can learn something new. I hadn't known about the fake town roads and homes that were placed on top of big, strategic buildings like Boeing that could have become targets for the enemy to bomb. There were two things that I wasn't happy with in the story. One being Kenny using the term Doll when he spoke to Rosalie. It just seems a bit slangy and not necessarily a term that a guy would use for a woman he respected. I'm probably wrong that, but that's how I feel. It's not that important to the whole story, so maybe I shouldn't have even mentioned it. The other thing that seemed a bit out of the norm is how the Lanie character managed to be so easily forgiven by Rosalie. She didn't seem all that trustworthy to me and to make her a bridemaid doesn't seem like something someone who was hurt by her underhandedness would do. Yes, it's good to forgive, but sometimes it can take a little while to work things out for the best. Overall, I did enjoy this book very much.

http://www.litfusegroup.com/Blog-Tours/love-finds-you-in-victory-heights-washington.html

This book was provided to me by Litfuse to read and review. I was not paid for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment