The review of books on this site, are my own opinions. I have either bought these books, borrowed these books or been given an advanced reader's copy to review. I never receive any money for my personal reviews.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Saving Grace by Annie Jones


Naomi, Rose, Gayle, and Lucy who live in Tennesee come together to re-spark their prayer circle and frienship. A local, eccentric old woman named Grace Grayson-Wiley, who likes to sit on her front porch dressed in very old clothing on the night of the Splendor Belle Gala becomes a bit of an obsession for at least one of the women. The prayer group is asked to help a woman at the diner to bring some food to Grace once per week and from there, the intrique of Grace's story slowly comes to light. The story tells us about each of the friends and a bit about each of their lives, families, loves and problems.
This was a rather nice story, but a bit under-whelming to me. I had a really difficult time just staying with the book and reading it. I must admit that at times it was interesting, but it was also a bit of a drag to read at others. I just couldn't seem to connect with the characters in the story. For the most part, the story was interesting at times, but annoying at other times. It wasn't a bad story, but it wasn't all that great either. I'd recommend others to read it and judge for yourself.

I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group to read and review.


No comments:

Post a Comment