The review of books on this site, are my own opinions. I have either bought these books, borrowed these books or been given an advanced reader's copy to review. I never receive any money for my personal reviews.

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Clouds Roll Away by Sibella Giorello

The Clouds Roll Away
by Sibella Giorello

Raleigh Harmon is a forensic geologist with the FBI. She has returned to Richmond Virginia fron an assignment in Washington state, and is hoping that things will be better for her in Virginia but has quickly learned that her suprevisor is apparently hoping to get Raleigh booted out of the FBI. Raleigh is facing pressure at work and at home. Her mother is elderly and not in the best of health mentally. At work Raleigh is dealing with a hate crime involving a well known rap artist. There are a lot of twists and turns with this case, including drugs, the kkk and diamonds.
Although this is the third book in this series, it is the first one that I have read. In the beginning it seemed a bit slow, but after awhile it did pick up and held onto my attention through to the end. Things left dangling will hopefully be addressed in the next book or books that will be written. I did enjoy reading this story and am going to look for the preceding two books and read them also.

I received this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers to read and review.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book, and I will try to get a copy to read.
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete